Kitchen Counter Endcaps
After the kitchen counter top was in place, I still needed to finish the endcaps.
They come in a kit, with a couple of wood pieces to attach to fill out the side, and then the laminate pieces with some kind of heat-activated glue on them.
I attached the wood pieces with a finish nailer:
And then you’re supposed to iron on the laminate pieces, keeping the iron at a certain temperature…a little difficult when the iron you have has to be heated up on a stove. 🙂 :
Unable to get a good temperature, I think even too hot to where the glue wouldn’t stick, I ended up just tacking them down with pin nails, which at least for me, I can’t even see:
Then, you’re supposed to file down the edges flush to the counter top:
And here they are done! I also caulked around the edges just to make sure moisture is kept out as much as possible:
Bedroom/Library Internal Siding
We’ve also been able to continue with the internal siding. On to the bedroom:
And then the library:
We’ve also found a new place for the piano: out of the summer kitchen and into the library — hopefully it will be a better temperature environment for it, and hopefully fewer mice will make it a home now 🙂 :
And now, all of the internal siding on the external walls, except for the two closets, are done!
And finally, one of the major reasons we are out here is for the close Christian fellowship. Here is a pleasing sign of one of those times, as we’re gathered together, and we are honored to be able to have those times here:
We are always very grateful to the Lord for granting continued progress on the house, and thanks again to those who make that possible, and we are most thankful to be able to live amongst people who seek Christ and desire to be full of His graces!