With the house internal walls framed, it was time to finish on the roof. I decided to go with metal roofing, for its longevity.
First, the tar paper (roof felt) was installed with a hammer stapler:
And we painted the face-plates:
Then it was time to put up the metal. First, we pre-drilled the holes where the grommeted screws were to be put. I chose to do them 2 feet apart up the metal pieces:
And here is the first piece installed:
Between each piece of metal, we laid down “tacky tape” where the next metal piece would overlap:
And we installed metal edging with the fitted foam on top underneath the roof metal. We found that putting the foam on first and placing the edging in place before laying down the metal piece worked best:
For these long pieces, we really needed two people to put up the roofing:
And here is the roof with all of the metal in place, including the ridge cap:
We put metal edging on the gabled end of the roof as well:
And here is a closer view of the end of the ridge cap. Mr. Gurau thought to stuff fitted foam in the ends, and with that and some caulking, that seemed to work pretty well without having to buy the typical metal roof trim and end caps. Hopefully what we did will be ok in the long-run:
Since we don’t have air conditioning, air flow is everything, in trying to vent out the air that is heated in the attic space. Rather than buy the typical ridge vents, I decided to try a vented foam that simply is installed under the ridge cap: it’s less expensive and is supposed to vent very well:
And finally, here is a look up at the ridge cap with it and the vented foam installed:
Once again, we are grateful to the Lord for allowing continued progress on the home, and thank Him for the resources to do so.