After some of the great room siding had been done, we’ve been able to continue on the house, with the assistance of Robert.
Next job was the closet/pantry room/bathroom ceiling. Here are the cross blocks:
And Robert working up there:
And the ceiling done. We can hopefully even store some things up there now as well:
Enclosing the Bedroom
We decided to go ahead and try to make the bedroom its own sealed-in room so we could have separate heat in there at some point, and so we needed the siding around the bedroom windows to go up, in preparation for installing the windows:
More Foundation Beam Work
After adding spacers to the south beam to level it some, I didn’t like how the end of the beam was torquing still a little, with the pier being very slightly tipped that way, and so I thought I might try replacing the pier bracket with a wider one so I could set the beam a little bit back on the pier and add a side spacer to help keep the beam a little more vertical. And here is that process…
Here the beam is raised:
And here, loosening and removing the bracket:
This is the bracket removed:
And the new one in place:
Again, I used the floor jack to push back the bottom of the beam. I also temporarily removed the hurricane clips from the beam and floor joists to allow it to maybe pivot back a little easier:
And here the beam is set back down with the 2×4 side spacer in place. Hopefully that will help!
And finally, one other nice touch for this update: young Elijah, one of the Stonger boys, built us a birdhouse, which we put up on the south side of the house! Thanks Elijah, and nice job!
As always, we are very thankful to the Lord for providing for continued progress on the house!